




Today we got up early, braved the elements and toured a hutong (an old style chinese neighborhood) by bicycle rickshaw. Because of dust, the atmosphere was the same cold grey as the buildings we were touring. I was amazed by the strength of the rickshaw drivers. Our wiry driver pedaled us around the the hutong, often speeding by slower rickshaws along the way. He even sang as he pedaled. Ava endured all of this but she did complain a bit. I think she is starting to get sick of the constant tour she has been put on.
After the tour we had a delightful lunch were Kathy got peed on and I got barfed on. Not as bad as it sounds. In the afternoon we did some shopping the the silk road market. Then back to the hotel for dinner.
I think at this point Kathy and I are looking forward to getting home and I'm pretty sure Ava has had enough of life on the road.
Tomorrow we are off to the forbidden city. Cool.
Rob
Mar 18, 2008
Hutong tour
Posted by
Kathy
at
9:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment